- Philadelphia Flyers (15-20-6 36 pts)
- St. Louis Blues (16-19-4 36 pts)
Brayden Schenn returns to Philadelphia as the Flyers take on the St. Louis Blues at 7pm on NBCSports Philadelphia. Both teams who were expected to do great things this season find themselves at the bottom of the league standings. The Blues are the 29th ranked team in the NHL, while the Flyers are the 30th ranked team. Flyers come into this game on a 6 game losing streak. The Blues have lost 3 out of their last 4 games. Could this possibly be a battle to decide who will land Jack Hughes?
- Carter Hart: Coming into this game, Hart is 2-3-1 with a 2.80 GAA and a .901 SV%. After winning his first two starts, Hart has dropped his last four decisions allowing 12 goals on 97 shots against.
- Jordan Binnington: This is Binnington’s first career NHL start, he has made 2 appearances in relief this season for the Blues. In those two appearances, he has a 3.48 GAA and a .840 SV%. He has been solid in the AHL with an 11-4-0 record, going along with a 2.08 GAA and a .927 SV%.
Players to Watch
- Travis Konecny : It has been a snake bitten season for Konecny; missing the net, hitting post, and just not getting any luck. The luck finally went in his favor on Saturday as a turnover from Flames goaltender David Rittich was placed right on Konecny’s stick as he put it five hole into the net. Maybe this can spark his confidence and he can go onto a hot streak.
- Brayden Schenn: In his first two games against his former team, Schenn has yet to record a point. Returning to the Wells Fargo Center, a place he called home for 5 seasons, he is going to be excited. Look for him to have a big game.
Keys to this game:
- Power Play: The Flyers power play has been terrible this season; it ranks 29th in the league at 13.9%. Over their past two games though, it has looked pretty solid, scoring three power play goals over that stretch.
- Play a full 60 minutes: It is easier said than done, but most games this season the Flyers look flat until around the 3rd period. They need to come out strong and sustain pressure.
By: Amedeo Grassia (@bud0522)
Sources: Dailyfaceoff.com, NHL.com
Photo Credit: PhillySportsNetwork.com