- Philadelphia Flyers: 15-22-6 (36 pts)
- Dallas Stars: 23-17-4 (50 pts)
The Flyers are back home to take on the Dallas Stars tonight at 7 pm on NBCSports Philadelphia. This is the first meeting of two on the season . The Flyers have lost their last 8 games, only scoring 15 goals over that span. Dallas has been struggling to get depth scoring aside from their stars players, Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn. The defense and the strong goaltending of Ben Bishop and Anton Khudobin. As of today, the Flyers are alone at the bottom of the league standings. The road to Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko continues tonight.
- Carter Hart: As the goaltender of the future, Hart has not disappointed Flyers fans yet. He has a record of 2-4-1 with a 2.68 GAA and a .908 SV%. His numbers are not out of this world, but it is due to the team in front of him struggling to do anything. It is good for him to get experience now, so when he gets the call next season he will be ready.
- Anton Khudobin: Since leaving Boston, Khudobin has been a great backup for Ben Bishop. His record stands at 8-7-2 with a 2.52 GAA and a .924 SV% and 1 shutout. In his last two starts, he has been excellent with a .988 SV %.
Players to Watch:
- Jakub Voracek: It has been an up and down season for Voracek, same could be said for the whole team. Tuesday night in Washington, Voracek lit up the board with 3 points (1 G, 2 A). He looks to continue putting up numbers like this consistently.
- Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn: The first line for Dallas has been the most consistent, even though Seguin and Benn have been called out by the owner for poor play. Seguin comes into this game just under a point per game pace. With the lack of depth scoring, Dallas relies on Seguin and Benn to put points on the board.
Keys to the Game:
- Shut down the 1st line: Dallas is ride or die by their first line. If you take them out of the game, their lack of scoring depth will show.
- Get on the board early: Flyers have struggled to score, especially scoring first. It will be key to get an early lead in this game, give Hart some help early on.
- Get the fans into the game: Lately, the Wells Fargo Center has been quiet. Start the game off with a big hit, score first, do something to get the crowd into game. It is not home ice advantage without the fans.
By: Amedeo Grassia (@bud0522)